Wednesday, April 18, 2012

cocktails for the beginner

hi guys here i am again with my daft questions that i think of late at night when i can not sleep because i am so excited (only a few days to go )i was once again looking at the hotel and i noticed they have a bar called harrys piano bar even the name sounds amazing (i am easy to please) i would love to try a cocktail a popular new york one,being a lancashire lass i drink larger and lime so it will be a real treat what would any of you wonderful people recommend ??





thanks sue xxx



cocktails for the beginner


How about a Manhattan? ;o)





I asked for cocktail suggestions before my trip last year and got lots of great suggestions:





tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k48571鈥?/a>



l2889648-Cocktail_Recommendations-New_York_City_New_York.html



cocktails for the beginner


sounds simple and easy to remember so whats in it???




A Manhattan is (according to wikipedia) made with Canadian whiskey, sweet vermouth, bitters, and a cherry (for a garnish)





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manhattan_(cocktail)







My personal favourite is a Cosmopolitan: Vodka Citron, Cointreau, fresh lime juice and cranberry juice...mmm!





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmopolitan_(cocktail)




wow the cosmopolitan sound better i think the whiskey sounds a bit iffy in the manhatten have you heard of the piano bar i mentioned??




I%26#39;ve heard of it (probably when looking at the hotel reviews), but haven%26#39;t visited it. I looked it up on the Helmsley%26#39;s website and I agree with you that it sounds great1




Can%26#39;t go wrong with a Cosmo! I prefer Triple Sec over Cointreau, which I think makes it too strong. They%26#39;re potent though, watch out. Whichever you choose, make sure it%26#39;s very cold.





There%26#39;s a lot to be said about Cibar%26#39;s signature cocktail, the Suffering B*stard. The place is lovely, too. It%26#39;s in Gramercy Park, on Irving Place between 17th-18th Sts.





I%26#39;m sure you%26#39;ll be hearing from Wellermdfan, who is the source of all cocktail wisdom.




If it%26#39;s made right, i love French Martinis. Made with vodka, Chambord raspberry liqueur, pineapple juice and lemon. Shaken with ice, served in a martini glass with about 1/8 inch of froth on top to sip through.




Like RNnyusa, the French martini is my favorite. First introduced to me at Blue Fin in Times Square years ago......




Hi there...I%26#39;ve been away for a couple days and hadn%26#39;t seen this before so sorry this might be a little late! I was actually thinking of something totally different. I%26#39;m a huge whiskey fan but I understand that I%26#39;m in the minority. Vodka for me is one of the worst drinks ever so Cosmos are usually out for me. I was thinking that some other alternatives are the Mojito (very refreshing and cooling, especially duriung the summer) or a specialty drink that I was introduced to during my drink tour called the Chucumber Cocktail at a bar called Sushi Samba7. You have to like the taste of cucumbers but it was fabulous!





I think all the suggestions you%26#39;ve received are great and if you like Vodka, you%26#39;ll definitely have your chioce of lots and lots of cosmo%26#39;s!




If you would like a good bar/lounge with excellent cocktails then you must venture to:



Death and Company-6th btwn 1st and Ave A



Do not let the name fool you just look it up on citysearch.com I think there is even a link to look at their menu.





Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment