Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Take Cover, We're Coming Back! First Questions...

Hi all 鈥?after many months away from this lovely forum, I鈥檓 back for what should be a long stay. My son Jack and his fianc茅 (Julie) want to come over for her 21st and Pat and I thought we鈥檇 tag along as well as Julie鈥檚 mother and sister. This then may well be the first of many catch-up postings as I need to find out how much has changed in the 2陆 years since we were there last.



Firstly, when to come? We鈥檙e looking at next spring 鈥?24th to 31st May. This is half-term over here so likely to be very busy but Julie鈥檚 mum works in a school so has no choice. My digging has so far come up with the Tribeca Film Festival being held in that week 鈥?is there anything else on that we should be aware of?



Secondly, where to stay? Last time The Salisbury was an ideal location 鈥?large rooms, close to amenities and not too pricey. Are there other hotels/apartments that we should consider? I know that Karen favours Jack %26amp; Judy鈥檚 (very appropriate) and I seem to remember The Beacon being recommended. Anything else we should add to the list?



Take Cover, We're Coming Back! First Questions...


Welcome back. End of May is a great time for weather in NYC. In general, you will probably find hotel rates, in dollars, much higher than when you were here last time but maybe not in sterling



Take Cover, We're Coming Back! First Questions...


Nic - welcome back. End of May should be lovely here - and other than the Tribeca Film Festival - I don%26#39;t know of any other major events. Check http://www.nyc.com/ as you get closer.





A lot of people visiting here recently like Radio City Apartments. You could search for responses in 2007.



http://www.radiocityapts.com/





And check out the FAQ sticky at the top of the page the queensboulevard put together - has lots of current info.





Talk w/you soon.




I stayed at RCA in Jan and really enjoyed it, rooms were nice and big and it was so central without being noisy - and a great price!




Thank you Ken and LTT for your very fast responses. I have just realised that I have forgotten probably the most important question of all. How many of you wonderful people will be around at that time and able to meet up for drinks and possibly a meal?



Just off now to check QB%26#39;s sticky.




Hi, glad you are back. We have missed you.





A meetup?





With you?





But of course!!!




Welcome back Nic!





Radio city apartments get a lot of good reviews as excellent value, central accommodation - http://www.radiocityapts.com




Oops, sorry ljg - didn%26#39;t spot that you%26#39;d already recommended them!




As did LTT... I%26#39;m just not on the ball today!




Meet up would be great and, as of now, I%26#39;ll be around.




Jack%26#39;s engaged??!?? Congratulations! That%26#39;s wonderful.





I haven%26#39;t seen NYWhiz on line today, but I%26#39;m sure she%26#39;ll be a big help in searching for accommodations. You know I%26#39;d always prefer the UWS. I haven%26#39;t seen the rooms at the Beacon, but of course the neighborhood is great. I think, especially in nice weather, it%26#39;s a bonus to stay near Central Park. I%26#39;d go with the UWS or the Salisbury again, even over RCA, just because the Times Square area can be so oppressively crowded and dirty.





Whenever you have your dates set, I%26#39;ll put it on my calendar.





Welcome back (though I have a feeling you%26#39;ve been lurking now and then).

No comments:

Post a Comment