Tuesday, April 24, 2012

2 great walking tours I tried last week!

I went to NY last week and I tried 2 walking tours I never tried before. The first one is the better one of the two. I tried the Rock and roll junket/East village rock and roll tour with Bobby Pinn. It was incredible! You walk around the east village during 2 hours talking about numerous things: the Ramones,/CBGB/clubs/apartments of the famous/etc. Bobby knows lots of things about the music business because he dit that for a living for lots of years. Since it was a weekday, the tour was not too full. We were seven and afterwards we went for a drink with the tour guide.





Walking tours are a nice way of meeting people, especially when you are traveling alone. I did the Greenwich village tour from Big onion on Saturday and loved it also but we were way too many people on that one. The tour guide was incredible, Eric, and he was really interesting. It is not easy keeping 30 people on the sidewalks of NY interested but he did it! The big onion tours are headed by PHD students from NY. I really recommand this one also.





I stayed at the Carlton hotel on Madison between 28th and 29th streets and I have a question for NY natives. Is there more homeless people around than last year? There were so many around my hotel, I was really surprised. I stayed often in Murray hill on my trips to NY but I have never seen so many homeless. Is there an explanation for this? Have they closed shelters?



2 great walking tours I tried last week!


Thanks for posting your reviews of the walking tours. The homeless who are on the street is not much different in the last few years. Maybe, it was the location or time of the year versus the last time you were in NYC.

No comments:

Post a Comment