Tuesday, April 24, 2012

January Visit to NYC

We are planning to visit NY in January ( a college couple and our best friends) and were wondering when the Christmas lights are turned off? We are planning Jan 3-7 I belive, and I think Rockefeller center said they shut them off the 6th this year? We wanted to come for New Years but it just does not seem to be worth it with hotel prices so high. We are leaning towards the La Quinta Midtown at 139.99 a night for 2 Queen beds; seems to be the best deal I%26#39;ve found so far. Sad though that if you want that same room for Dec 31st its 409! I am also planning to visit NYU and Columbia law schools as well, so I bet it will be a nice trip!



January Visit to NYC


Yes, if you come right after New Years the hotel prices are much less and the Christmas decorations are usually up until the end of the first week of January.



January Visit to NYC


I%26#39;ll let others more knowledgeable comment on when the lights are turned off, but I just want to caution you on that $139.99 rate. I%26#39;ve got a reservation at the Red Roof Inn (another Apple Core property) for January 2-6 for $119.99 a night, but I will be visiting alone. When I went to their site (just to check to see if one day would make a difference), I came up with a rate of $184.99 a night for four people staying in a room with two double beds. While I%26#39;m not the ethics police by any means, you may want to consider being completely above board and make the reservation for four people; I can envision the hotel saying, ';You have four people staying in the room, so you have to pay the four person rate';, and then charging you the four person rate in effect when you check in on January 3rd, which is very likely to be considerably more than $184.99 a night. Perhaps it wouldn%26#39;t be fair, but the hotel would probably be within their rights doing so. According to stories related here on Trip Advisor, they could possibly even deny you a room. I know it stinks, but that is, unfortunately, the way it is sometimes.



You could call them and see if they would be willing to meet the lower rate, even though you have four people in your party. Maybe they%26#39;ll give you points for honesty!



And I hope someone answers your question about the Christmas lights; I hadn%26#39;t even thought they might still be aglow when I visit.




Rocco, LQ%26#39;s reservation site is a little confusing and didnt originally ask how many were in teh party, I went back and its $30 more for the extra 3 people, which I do intend to select when I reserve. Thats still a good deal. Thanks for pointing that out though. I don%26#39;t want to deal with any any angry hotel managers.


  • skin creams
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment