Thursday, April 26, 2012

Your Favorite Singer From NY

While downloading music onto my Ipod tonight, I realized that there are many great singers from NY. Just curious who are your favorites from the Big Apple? As for me, without a doubt, Luther Vandross (was)(is) the greatest of them all. Any more??

Chipper

Your Favorite Singer From NY

Barbra Streisand!!!

Your Favorite Singer From NY

I have a few:

Barbra Streisand

Tony Bennett

LL Cool J

Billy Joel

Simon %26amp; Garfunkel

Alicia Keys

Lenny Kravitz

Beverly Sills


Funny, the other day I%26#39;m tailgaitng (Lotus thats Texan for getting drunk in a parking lot) at a Rangers/Cubs baseball game and was trying to convince a bunch of rednecks that Streisand was truly an American Legend.

Chipper


Is that your dog? Very cute!!!!!


Ok

Jennifer Lopez- too many

Lisa Lisa cult Jam- I wonder if I take you home.

Alisha- Im too turned on- From Brooklyn Hay Lotus! did you know her? My ex boyfriends mom taught her singing lessons so i was told?

Barbara streisand- too many

Noel (silent morning)

Vito and the Salutations- Gloria and unchained melody( my stepdad)


Following the title - my favorite NY born singers are...

Pat Benatar

Maria Callas

Bobby Darin

Neil Diamond

Lena Horne

Billy Joel

David Johansen

Norah Jones

Melissa Manchester

Carly Simon

Phoebe Snow and

Barbra Streisand


NYCgirl - Paul Simon is from Newark ;-)


Billy Joel and Harry Chapin (and I%26#39;m only in my 30%26#39;s) and I love %26#39;em


Dion

Neil Sedaca


In addition to other local kids already mentioned:

Cyndi Lauper ( Queens)

Laura Nyro (The Bronx)

Carole King (Brooklyn)

Ethel Merman (Queens)

Tony Bennet (Queens)

Run DMC (all from Queens)

Salt -n-Pepa (all from Queens)

Simon and Garfunkel (both from Queens)

I just read that Alicia Keyes (Manhattan) recently moved to Forest Hills in Queens? True?

  • appreciate your dog
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment