Thursday, April 26, 2012

Help!! Confused about lodging.

I am planning to visit Lake George with my children (ages 11 %26amp; 15) this summer. I am so confused as to where to stay. My kids are very active so I would like to stay somewhere nearby activities and on the lake. Can anyone give me some suggestions?



Help!! Confused about lodging.


Hi. we are visiting lake george this July and was just as confused as you are. I looked in to Balsammotel.com. they have cottages and motel rooms. I called to book a cottage, the lady seemed super nice and they are in the middle of it all. new heated pool, walking distance to a beach. prices where really reasonable. I have 2 girls



(10 %26amp; 5) its our first time there and thats what I told the lady, she said we won%26#39;t be sorry we stayed with them. I looked up there reviews and they have great ones. I feel really comfortable in my decision. Hope you have a great time, if your going after July I can let you know how we made out. check their website out. Hope I helped.



Help!! Confused about lodging.


We have stayed at Marine Village Resort 4-5 times and love it. It is in the best location. You can walk to the Village and it has a wonderful lake front ';beach area'; rather than just a pier into the water. Look at their website it will give you rate info. and photos. You cant go wrong there....we love it there and wouldnt consider going anywhere else. Good luck....




I have spent many summers on lake george, with young kids you%26#39;ll want to stay in a motor inn or place on Canada Street. That keeps you walking distance to the water, restaurants, etc. Try the Georgian or the Fort William Henry, they are the nicest and cleanest. The rest are motor-inn style (Balsam, Tall Pines, etc)... BTW, just outside of Lake George Villiage there are some nice outlet stores, a good restaurant called Log Jam (good for kids too) -




I can%26#39;t believe I forgot to mention it but the nicest place to stay BY FAR on Lake George is the Sagamore. It isnt on Canada Street - but it is wonderful. They have a fantastic Sunday brunch, and Mr. Brown%26#39;s has great pub food. Even if you stop to walk the grounds its one of the most beautiful places on the Lake.





Another good restaurant - Adirondack style, is the Algonquin.




Try the Lodges at Cresthaven. Beautiful Condos not far from the village. Nice Beach with pool and playground. Rent weekly. On trolley route. Full kitchen. Two bedrooms and two bathrooms.




Any suggestions for camping in the area?




I%26#39;m almost afraid to ask, but what about the Econolodge on Canada? I have reservations for August but can change if it is a mistake. Thanks!




check to see which side of the street the Econolodge is on. That is one BUSY street; you won%26#39;t want to cross it every time you hit the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment