Thursday, April 26, 2012

WCBS-FM to return to the airways in NY

There%26#39;s a rumor going around that WCBS-FM 101.1 will return to the airways this week.





For those of you that aren%26#39;t local, CBS played the oldies until 2 years ago. They were replaced by something called JACK %26lt;mad%26gt;. Looks like Jack FAILED in NYC. %26lt;claps hands%26gt;.





I%26#39;m happy that the oldies be once again be heard on the radio in New York.





Article here... nj.com/news/鈥ldies_returning_to_wcbsfm.html



WCBS-FM to return to the airways in NY


Excellent good news.





Especially having an oldies singer in my family!





I have cousin Brucie in my mind now!



WCBS-FM to return to the airways in NY


It is a start bring back the old stations. Now let%26#39;s bring back WNEW FM 102.7 the progresssive rock station. Remember the 70%26#39;s? Alice: the night bird, Dennis (still around) Pete (still around)




It%26#39;s odd - that%26#39;s one thing Miami has over New York. We still have a classic rock station and we have an oldies station. Only now the classic rock station playlist is heavier on rock from the 80s than the 70s, and the ';oldies'; station plays more 60s and 70s rock music than doo-wop (because of the aging of the demos, I guess).





Just before I left New York I had the privilege of going to the WNEW FM office (I worked in the same building) and meeting Pete Fornatale and the late Scott Muni. I still get to listen to Pete on XM Radio.





Glad to hear you%26#39;re at least getting the oldies back (hopefully).

No comments:

Post a Comment