Monday, April 23, 2012

Are you all looking forward to ';Young Frankenstein';?

I think this is going to be the 3rd show we get tickets too after Little Mermaid and Wicked.



Are you all looking forward to ';Young Frankenstein';?


I have a funny feeling about this one.....



Are you all looking forward to ';Young Frankenstein';?


Excellent casting! I know a lot has been written about the unlucky Hilton Theater. But the few shows I%26#39;ve seen in there (42nd St., Ragtime) were wonderful. And even though it is an enormous theater, the sightlines are great in there.




The buzz is huge. Get your tickets early.




Sightlines might be good but who cares when you can%26#39;t see facial expressions? Forcing people to pay $400 to sit up close could easily backfire.




Is this a good play for teenagers, or an older audience?




I%26#39;m excited about this one and hoping to see it as we%26#39;ll be in town December! I heard tickets were going on sale july 15th but haven%26#39;t heard anything recently. Anyone??




i read in a newspaper that the tix are going to be hundreds of dollars, is that true??




broadway11, it%26#39;ll be the same audience as for Mel Brooks%26#39; movie. It%26#39;s a safe bet it%26#39;ll be a family show.





If the tickets are ';hundreds of dollars,'; it%26#39;ll just be for the free-spending tourists and corporate audiences. Then again, Mr. Brooks%26#39; hit The Producers was the first to initiate premium seating. I think they charged around $400 for prime orchestra seats. What a bunch of gonifs!




That%26#39;s right, blame him for the premium seating nonsense.





Gonif is right.




I%26#39;ve read (in the NY Times??) that there will be 3 prices for orchestra seating - $400, $250, and $110.



I really hope that doesn%26#39;t happen. I have been waiting for this show with great excitement but might not buy tickets out of principle.





I love Mel Brooks, but am incredibly disappointed that he would support a price scheme that keeps theater lovers from seeing plays.



:(

No comments:

Post a Comment