Monday, April 23, 2012

Worth visiting Woodbury Common???

Is it really worth going to Woodbury Common? loads of people i know of have told me i must go there as the prices are so much cheaper than in the city and theres a good selection, but then i have heard that its really a waste of a day which is the last thing i want considering the limited time you have to do so much in NYC!



Worth visiting Woodbury Common???


Probably serious shoppers would not agree, but I think that for the money that you save, it%26#39;s not worth it - you%26#39;re losing a day out of your New York experience to spend it in a huge mall.





There is also the inclination to over stock on items that you don%26#39;t really want - ';well, I wont be back for a while.........';





If you%26#39;re prepared to wade, there%26#39;s good value in places like Century 21, and there%26#39;s certain times of the year where there%26#39;s good sales in the city - local%26#39;s will have a good idea on this - but speaking as an experienced shopper%26#39;s bag carrier - stay in the city!





Hope you have a great trip.





Ferdia



Worth visiting Woodbury Common???


Traveller,





I was in NYC in March with my partner and another couple. After reading the existing threads on Woodbury Common - I really didn%26#39;t want to go, but my companions insisted! And boy was I glad that they did! I thought the range of stores was excellent, and the prices cannot be beaten, I went wild in the aisles Dale Winton-style!!





I bought more here than I did in Manhattan, and really enjoyed the fact that it is well mapped out, so you know exactly where you are. I found it incredibly hard to find some of the stores I was looking for in Manhattan because its just so huge!





They have all the old favourites - GAP, Nine West, Banana Republic and loads of sports stores, but also the more stylish designer stuff too - Gucci etc. My boyfriend plays basketball and he bought loads of sports gear in the nike store at a fraction of the price. I bought loads of basics in GAP that should last all year really cheaply, shoes from nine west at $20 a pop (and they%26#39;re still going strong - I%26#39;m wearing them now!!), and a gorgeous Ralph Lauren Jacket for $30! An absolute steal!





I found it was great for souvenirs too - I brought home loads of the smaller Yankee candles in a jar, that everyone loved - and they were pennies compared to what we pay for them here in the UK.





Personally - If I were you - I%26#39;d go for it! Bring your credit card, join the chelsea premium outlet VIP club online and you can print off discount coupons, and get the first bus in the morning!!





Enjoy!




Hello , if you look above it Say%26#39;s look here before you post there are threads on this topic.





If you also put in the search box more threads on it.





I live near Wood bury , so when these questions, come up I answer.





I think yes if you are going to do a large Designer shopping then it is worth it.



If you have time and find in your heart to go then go. The outlets are in upstate New York. I think saying wasting your time from the city is not a far statement. We are new york , Just New York state. Time is key.





Some people do enjoy the Country side if they have time. There are plenty of things to do even gamble.





If you are limited on time then just stay in the city.If you do go , I would suggest going on a week day.







Hilton hotels they have a shop and stay package





Outlets, South St. Seaport %26amp; More!







Stay in the Big Apple and receive a special savings packet for discounts to Woodbury Common Premium Outlets (country%26#39;s largest designer outlet center), South Street Seaport, and Grand Central Terminal



Learn more





Special Offer Dates:





Apr. 01, 2007 - Dec. 31, 2007





Rates:





From 300/night USD





In manhattan I would go to Burlington coat factory and TJ max. It all depends bottom line what you are after.





Good Luck and Enjoy New York!




I was there on Tuesday. Some of the stores are marking down their summer stuff....a few stores had some fall clothes.





I love shopping and this place has so many designer shops. But I have seen the same prices in Macy%26#39;s and other dept stores when they are on sale. For me its a nice day outside, and doing something I love to do.





Seems like there were a lot of people from the Uk there...so you might not want to miss out on this.




I%26#39;d say skip it. Takes too much time to get there and back. Prices are competitive in Manahattan or on the web.




Do not forget to sign up at macys for the international visitors card-11% off most purchases.




In the FAQ up top of this forum, there%26#39;s a couple of threads about great places to shop in NYC.





There%26#39;s also these two about Woodbury and Jersey Gardens:





ANY NEARBY OUTLET MALLS? Yes, the most popular being Woodbury Common, about one hour north of NYC. tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k727043-鈥?/a>





BUT, IS WOODBURY COMMON BETTER THAN JERSEY GARDENS?



tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k838911-鈥?/a>




Tough question. I am a serious shopper, and I love Woodbury Commons. Sometimes you find amazing deals, like gorgeous current-season Jimmy Choo pumps for $125. And then there are a number of shops that consistently sell items for 20-30% less than you would find in Manhattan (or anywhere else at full retail). For example, there%26#39;s a Theory outlet that sells $250 pants for $160. A Williams Sonoma outlet and a Le Creuset outlet sells cookware at about 20-25% less. The major design labels, like Gucci, Prada (which, with Miu Miu, is in a shop called Espace), Bottega, Chanel, etc., have good deals as well, but the selections are very inconsistent. As for chains like the Gap, Banana, etc., do you really need more $10 t-shirts? I think it%26#39;s worth going to Woodbury to hunt for, say, lifetime items like a cashmere coat, high-quality bag, etc., but to spend 6-8 hours going there just for some t-shirts and shorts seems like a waste of time to me, especially when the Gap and similar shops in Manhattan already have serious sales on a pretty regular basis.





Ultimately, it%26#39;s up to you. If you%26#39;re really interested in scoring some deals, then go for it. But it won%26#39;t feel like you%26#39;re in NYC. It is, after all, an outdoor mall with mediocre food. That said, if you really map out where you want to go and prioritize, you can get back to Manhattan by evening and still enjoy a relaxing dinner in the city.





Hope this helps!




If you are very interested in getting discounts on designer merchandise and you have about a week in NYC, it may be worth it for you to spend the time at Woodbury.




Thank you for all ur help, im there from a thursday to a monday evening so only 4 nights so not sure if really worth it then as there is so much else we want to do while we are there! thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment