Wednesday, April 18, 2012

the 24 hours left ....anxiety has started!!

Breathe.....Breathe.......LOL



Buffalo guys are returning to NYC tomorrow and Im going through my trip anxiety right now.



Did i bring the black belt with the silver buckle..will the shoe polish leak in my suitcase and stain all my carefully laundered and ironed shirts....yes all 12 for a 4 day stay (dont even ask about how many pants/shorts im bringing)......do i get the usual %26#39;traveling bar%26#39; or should i just buy there (found a total of 9 liquor stores from the hotel all the way up to 34th st)......will they sell my coveted Roberto Cavalli Vodka or will i settle on Kettle One again.....will Carmel driver be cool or a jerk......will Ricky be available to take us around in his taxi....



AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGG im having an anxiety attack .... xanax please....STAT....many many xanax until the flight tomorrow......



dont know what it is about NYC, but when we go, i scurry around like a madman covering all bases to make sure everything is just right. any other destination, im like ';yeah, got it., lets go'; .....anyone else get these NYC jitters prior to their trip?



and NYCWHIZ thought I was freaking about getting a 7 day metro card last time from Hudson News in the airport before catching a taxi.....thats nothing girl!!!!



calming words anyone??LOL



the 24 hours left ....anxiety has started!!


Take a cleansing breath. Roberto Cavalli Vodka? I%26#39;ve just looked it up. $60/bottle? Filtered through crushed marble? And you were taking buses and subways from LGA??? Get a grip man, get a grip. ;) Start memorizing hipguide.com





Remind me who Ricky is. ;) Tell us about your plans.



the 24 hours left ....anxiety has started!!


Friends recently returned from Russia singing the praises of Russian Standard Vodka, which is only now being imported here. Now, I don%26#39;t drink straight vodka, but my friends do, and if it%26#39;s half as good as they claim, you%26#39;ll have to go out of your way to find some here in the city. I know that Astor Wines, on Lafayette and 3rd, carries it. But they might be out of stock, as my friend just bought them out. Mister Wright%26#39;s Wines, on the UES, might have a couple of bottles.





Oh, leave the shoe polish home.




hehehehe did the bus/subway from the clarion only to get a feel of the ';local flavor'; obtained from riding the bus and 7 subway (orient express?) LOL For me, it was one of the best experiences i had there. melting pot...blah blah blah.......



arent you proud of me....Carmel Service this time from yellow taxi last trip....actually wanted the Hummer stretch but Michael just rolled his eyes....took that as a NO!!



Ricky was the Brooklyn born taxi driver who took us to Luger%26#39;s on the last trip then gave us an awesome %26#39;tour%26#39; through SOHO on the way back to the hotel. He was amazingly knowledgable about NYC and made our trip. Luckily, I just found his card with cell number in my foot tall pile of NYC brochures. Almost made us PROMISE to give him a ring when we returned as he would run us around other areas we were interested in. Nicest cabbie ive met anywhere in the US!!



Surprisingly, I didnt overplan as before and plan on focusing on the area below 14th St as I feel this is the area that gives me the most trouble trying to navigate. I feel we did all the %26#39;tourist must sees%26#39; before and this time am just looking forward to walking the %26#39;hoods to check out the brownstones and other unique architecture there.



I will disclose that we will be checking out the rooftop bar at Gansevoort, the Mercer Bar, SOHO Grand again (love love love that place and last but not least....Gordon Ramsey on Sat night. oh yeah, STK in the meatpacking district on Thursday night.



yes, I have read about the Russian Vodka (did see it in Tampa a few weeks ago, but didnt buy it as I was only traveling with carryons) and will give it a try soon. Here in cowtown Buffalo, the selection is limited on fine liquors!! Discovered Cavalli in Miami and think its liquid gold!! LOVE it!!



some people splurge on designer clothes and shoes, others will dine only at $200 per head restaurants, I go for top shelf liquor....and once again, let me add, IM NOT AN ALCOHOLIC!!!!!




If (when) you are on the Upper West Side check out Gotham Wines and Liquors on Broadway and 94 Street (96 Street stop on 1,2,3 trains)--tele. 212-932-0990. They have a wide selection at reasonable prices.


  • makeup help
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment