Friday, April 13, 2012

Whitney Museum - Summer of Love exhibition

In the 60%26#39;s I remember, love was free - at the Whitney it%26#39;s $15.00 -and to use the vernacular of the time, it%26#39;s a rip-off.





The show is unfocused and without a point of view - I think you can see much of what is on exhibit through the Internet for free. The highlight of course are the concert posters from San Francisco and some great photographs - but this is not worth the $15.00 fee.





Skip this show for sure.



Whitney Museum - Summer of Love exhibition


I thought what was missing were the two most important things of the times.... music and drugs. But I did enjoy the Filmore posters, I remember being at many of those concerts, West and East.





But I agree, not worth the $15.





Did you wear love beads?



Whitney Museum - Summer of Love exhibition


Aww, man, what a bummer!



Too bad, as it sounds like it could have been groovy.



Thanks for the heads up.



Peace,



Angie




LOL! But I did wear bell-bottoms!




Dissapointing to hear for sure, but not surprising. If you want Summer of Love Action you really need to make the trip to San Francisco afterall. The most comprehensive collection of Fillmore Auditorium posters sits right at the Fillmore West itself...I%26#39;m sure tons of galleries are showing the pop art stuff, original art work for the posters and photographs from legendary photographers from that time - Jim Marshall, Richard Avedon, Annie Liebowitz.





Curious - whose photos are being shown at the Whitney? Come on, make my day and tell me my buddy Jim is in the show...

No comments:

Post a Comment