Friday, April 13, 2012

Need a Parking Space in Manhattan--Only $225,000

From today%26#39;s New York Times article about buying parking spaces in Manhattan.





www.nytimes.com/2007/07/12/us/12parking.html



Need a Parking Space in Manhattan--Only $225,000


Yes right away. I am running to the bank right now! LOL



Need a Parking Space in Manhattan--Only $225,000


That%26#39;s amazing, and very frightening. (Is it me, or does the woman in the photo seems like a modern-day Mama Rose, or the worst stage mother, ever?)




I%26#39;m seriously considering getting my kids into modelling if it means I can shell out that kind of cash just to park without batting an eyelid!




My sister has a son who is a model for Wilhelmina. she travels to the city when called in an hours notice she uses public transportaion from Queens or has my mother wait in the car while she goes up to shoots.





This person I guess has money to waste. My sister puts all the money away for her son.!




Thats where your sister and I differ Tammy, my kids wouldn%26#39;t see a penny of it! LOL!




Ange, your kids are better looking, too!




Hehe. I%26#39;ll tell the grandkids you think so.





Or maybe I won%26#39;t.......... Gotta make them sing for their supper haven%26#39;t you? Anyway, shorty is getting to see the new Potter film tonight before any of his friends so that must be worth a few years of posing? Surely?? (Yeah ok, it%26#39;s me that%26#39;s making him come with me)




The article also talks about the price of a house in Houston Texas ..... hey Chipper ..... maybe you%26#39;d like to move into my garage ..... it appears it might just be a step up for you.




LoL ange!




I%26#39;m sorry, I might insult a few people here (including my friends who live in the East Village) but it is the HEIGHT of stupidity to own a car in Manhattan. For what you%26#39;d pay to garage the thing, you can just as easily pay for a rental to get out of town in that mode if you need to. I was a very happy non-driving New Yorker well into my existence in the San Francisco Bay Area. It was my move to the sticks that FORCED me to get a drivers license at the age of 30. And now, you know how often I drive? Almost never. My husband will take the car on the road for three or four days and I can walk into my little town to get whatever it is I need -from a wonderful organic latte, loaf of bread, home cooked-sytle meal and a cocktail at the local bar - geez, it%26#39;s almost like living in New York again - only with cows.





As for my friends in the East Village - they don%26#39;t garage their car. They play the alternate side of the street parking game and are very, very good at it (after 15 years on that block they should be!)

No comments:

Post a Comment