Monday, April 16, 2012

Vinyl Restaurant

A friend of mine mentioned a restaurant called Vinyl in New York City. I have searched the threads, the dining section, and the web to see if I can find any info on it. But, no luck!





Does anyone know which restaurant I%26#39;m referring to? Apparantly, they serve their meals on actual vinyl records.





Help!



Vinyl Restaurant


Hi - it%26#39;s spelled VYNL





http://www.vynl-nyc.com/vynl_about.html



Vinyl Restaurant


It%26#39;s the spelling that%26#39;s keeping you from finding it - it%26#39;s Vynl. I went there a couple years ago, and they didn%26#39;t serve the meals on vinyl records, but the menus were actual record album covers.




Thank you! I%26#39;ve read about it now. I understand it%26#39;s in Hell%26#39;s Kitchen. How far is that from Time Square?




It%26#39;s just west of Times Square, a couple of blocks away. There%26#39;s a new Vynl on the UES too, on 2nd Ave. in the 70s. I haven%26#39;t been, but it looks cute.




It%26#39;s fun! They serve both American dishes and Thai dishes. Personally, I always find the pad thai salty, so avoid that. The prices are good and the bathrooms are amusing.





I understand that they are opening two more, but I%26#39;m not sure where in Manhattan precisely.





For directions and distances, try out Hopstop.com




I just ate here a few days ago for the 2nd time. It is good food, and really good homemade potato chips! I loved the atmosphere.




We went there last week (7 July) - good food, excellent value for money, friendly service, funny decoration. We found it in the ';guide du routard'; - French guide with lots of good value for money %26amp; friendly addresses (don%26#39;t know if it is published in English).



754 9th Ave - 10/15%26#39; walking from Times Square.

No comments:

Post a Comment