Monday, April 23, 2012

Hotel for NYC marathon

This is the first time my daughter and I (2 females) will be in NYC. The hotels for 2 single beds/small room are running very high near central park - way over 300 a night. We could stay in east rutherford for 1/3 the price and a much nicer room. We called the hotel and there is a bus stop right across the street that takes you to the port authority or they said about a 50.00 cab ride...if it were your first time, not knowing anything about the city or its transporation system, would you stay in NYC close to the finish line...or stay in E.R....also does anyone know the best way once we are dropped off at the port authority, how to get to central park?





Thanks for all your advice....



Hotel for NYC marathon


I would stay anywhere in Manhattan. Not necessary to be near the finish line. Just stay in Manhattan both for ease of getting to the starting line and also to be able to see and experience NYC. East Rutherford is ';anytown USA'; suburb. Not worth the hassle.





If you absolutely can%26#39;t find a hotel in Manhattan you can afford, I%26#39;d at least pick something closer that accessible by TRAIN. Look in Queens, Brooklyn or areas of NJ serviced by the PATH train (like Jersey City). Check out the Cosmopolitan Hotel.



cosmohotel.com



Hotel for NYC marathon


What dates are you looking for exactly, and what would be your max budget?




Thank you for your responses...we will be there 11/3 to 11/5. We were hoping to stay less than 300 a night. (The Marriott in East Rutherford is $280 for 2 nights and the Comfort Inn central park for 2 single beds is almost 700.00 for the 2 nights). I am gonna check out the cosmo right now....




A recent inquiry to apartments2book.com showed they have some availability that weekend. Go to their website, click on the NY link and look at their properties. They had availability at #2, 8, 9, all less than $300.00 and more availability over that price. This quote for me was done over a week ago, so if you%26#39;ll email them using the %26#39;inquiry%26#39; link they will email you a list of available rooms. When I found out that was marathon weekend, I changed my schedule...it%26#39;s prime time and hotel prices are sky high. There are other sites like this one that rent out discounted rooms however this is the one I%26#39;ve used and am familiar with. Do a search and you can see their reviews are pretty good. Oh, and certainly stay in Manhattan somewhere. The hassle and cab fares won%26#39;t be worth the savings.




Quikbook has the Jolly Hotel Madison Towers for $260.




Otherwise, not much out there.




Oh, and the Jolly Hotel Madison Towers is on E 38th in Manhattan.




OMG you all are amazing...I just booked the Jolly Hotel using quikbook for the 260.00 a night. Their own website is quoting $450 a night. I kept looking for a ';catch'; but could not find one. Its great to know that you have used quikbook and found it reliable....thanks so much for the advice. I also emailed for the list of apt. just to see if anything is available. From what I read, since the Jolly Hotel is not prepaid I can cancel without penalty. I just cant thank you all enough!!!!




No prob! Glad to know you were able to get in on the Quikbook deal, as I%26#39;m sure their inventory is very, very limited, especially at that price.




I am glad you found something in manhattan. I am sorry I missed your begiinng post.my uncle has ran the marathon for the past 10 years nothing beats being near the finish line or at least staying in the city that day! It is so much easier, you would of not been happy In new jersey!





Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment