Monday, April 23, 2012

Where To Stay

A friend and I are going to new york next week to visit family but we want to spend a few nights in the city and close to all the attractions without paying an arm and a leg. Have been near the city but never actually stayed there so any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Where To Stay

Perhaps it will help if you narrow it down a bit... Do you have a certain area in mind for sights which you wish to target? And %26#39;arm and a leg%26#39; can be subjective, not the same to all people.

I have two broad suggestions though...

1. Got to Tripadvisor Manhattan hotels, and then choose your price range via the tab at the top of the list - the box says %26#39;average price*%26#39; then you choose $100- $200, etc etc. Then when you get your adjusted list, starting by browsing the best ranked. For example, a Courtyard Hotel / Times Sq comes up as best ranked in that price range, but then look a little closer and you see that it%26#39;s actually ranked #7 out of 329 hotels in Manhattan... then browse the reviews, read between the lines and see what appeals.

2. Click on the B %26amp; B tab. There are many good options here, and note that the B%26amp;B%26#39;s in Manhattan are (for the most part) more like Inns than traditional B%26amp;B%26#39;s, i.e. not so %26#39;close%26#39;.

3. If you%26#39;re adventurous, here%26#39;s a link to a new, and %26#39;new type%26#39; of hotel which is getting a lot of good buzz: http://www.thepodhotel.com/

These Pod hotels are quite popular in other parts of the world, and are just hitting NYC. You can find reviews for it on Tripadvisor, lots of people seem to like it, biggest complaint seems to be that while you have a private shower and sink, the toilet / wc is shared. Anyway, have a look - great prices.

Where To Stay

Hello:

The Pod is a good suggestion and here are a few other ideas of decent budget accomodations.In addition to these suggestions , I would also check out Travel zoo to see if there are any specials for New York city in the time frame you are coming.

Hotel Wolcott

Riverside Tower Hotel

Americana Inn

Skyline Hotel


Try Radio City Apartments - we found them to be a great base for exploring. Times Sq, Fifth ave shopping, Broadway and the Rockerfellar centre are all close by.


I would read the reviews of Riverside Tower before booking there. I almost booked it until I read them (the second page is where they get bad). Hotel Belleclaire is in the same area and looks much better.


I think you have to weigh out the reviews.

Not all hotels especially the budget ones will always get the best reviews, I just recently stayed in a place in Pa. It had terrible, reviews again a budget hotel, and I needed a one night stay. I was sort of desperate (lol)on this trip, for a one night stay only. I landed up going there expecting a total , dump and you know what the hotel was clean and well worth the money I paid. Their free breakfast was great.When you are traveling on a budget, unless you get a good deal from price line etc, you can%26#39;t expect Trump reviews. I think as long as it is clean and gives you the services needed then it is worth a shot.I have saw worse places on here that I really told the people no way and they still go anyway.

I think here you have to weigh out the reviews and see what the majority is.


I used Priceline and got the Sheraton Manhattan for $99.00 a night over Christmas!!!

here is a link to my review of The Sheraton Manhattan if you are interested.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g60763-d9354鈥?/a>


RLTF- I read you review , I think it was a great one and very honest!

  • web hosting providers
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment