Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Hayfever suffer

Hi well it is exactly 2 weeks until we arrive so getting last minute things done when I had a thought my daughter suffers from hayfever over here will she need her medication in New York?





Sorry if it sounds like a daft question but never been there went to Mexico in December and she was okay there but someone mentioned she may need it in New York.





Many thanks



Hayfever suffer


It%26#39;s not a silly question, and I would bring the medication just in case as the weather conditions / pollen count is changeable, not to mention the air quality. New York City can also be very very humid in the summer, which for some can contribute to allergies.





I%26#39;m not sure how accurate they always are, but here is a link to a local news station that lists pollen counts daily:





鈥o.com/wabcbin/wabc_pollen.asp





Bottom line, I highly reccommend bringing the medication along.





Hope you have a great trip!



Hayfever suffer


Hi thanks will bring medication and eyedrops just in case.





I am sure I can buy some if I need to as well.





Thanks again




Over here Claritin can be purchased over the counter. It is a good, non-sedative med that you might ask her physician about to see if it would be a good solution to her allergies. It works for me. Have a great visit.




Hi thanks I was thinking of buying it there she is 12 so should not be a problem I will check with our GP first. It is mostly itchy eyes with her I have checked the pollen count for NY and it is quite high so best be safe.





13 days to go getting very excited and it is still a secret for all the girls!!




When you get to NYC, go to a Duane Reade drug store. There is one every few blocks.




I think hayfever affects people in different ways. Since we%26#39;ve moved to the DC Metro area, my husband and I sneeze a lot during the warmer weather. However, when we%26#39;re in the Northeast (Boston, NYC) we rarely sneeze. I think--my opinion only--that there are less pollen problems there. Still, I agree with the others, it can%26#39;t hurt to bring along her medication.




Hiya thanks we will be staying at The Salisbury Hotel and I believe there is a chemist (drugstore) quite close so if she runs out I will just pop in there.





Thanks again

No comments:

Post a Comment