Monday, April 16, 2012

baby clothes and crochet patterns

Well only 10 days and we will be in NY so excited.





However just a question my best friend%26#39;s baby is due September and I would like to get her something different from UK for the baby could anyone point me in the right direction which is the best store to go to we are staying at the SALISBURY.





Secondly my aunt love%26#39;s to crochet is there any stores that have knitting and crochet patterns that I can get and bring back for her.





Many thanks in advance





CL



baby clothes and crochet patterns


Gosh there are baby stores galore depending on how much you want to spend and what you want to get. Some people buy baby gifts at Tiffanys which is just a short walk from your hotel also on 57 st %26amp; Fifth ave. They sell lovely silver rattles, spoons etc. and also some plates and cups. Check their website though b/c this stuff is pricey. tiffany.com





Also on 57th %26amp; Fifth is Bergdorf Goodman, a very upscale dept. store with an amazing baby dept.





For more down to earth prices, Bloomingdales and Macy%26#39;s, both of which offer visitors an 11% discount by registering before shopping, have nice baby depts.





A baby gift I like to give b/c it lasts is a nice blanket. I%26#39;ve found them mostly in smaller shops on the upper east side or downtown in the village or Soho.





There are a few baby ';supermarkets'; that carry everything including Buy Buy Baby. Space Kiddets is a very fun store with things like wacky onesies.



http://www.spacekiddets.com/main.html



baby clothes and crochet patterns


Wow loads of them then!!





I am hoping to buy clothes or a blanket so the smaller more personal shops sounds great I lalways like to buy something different and I know she was looking to buy cardigans and nice bedding in fact thats an idea I will buy some nice baby bedding!!





Been many years since I last bought any baby items so will be fun just looking!!





Thanks again.





ps whilst I remember should I buy a citypass before I arrive or when I arrive? there will be 4 of us and there for 9 days




Just went on spacekiddits website awesome!!!!





going to get my nieces pressies as well





thanks ever so much for pointing me in the right direction.





cl x




First, for baby, here%26#39;s an eclectic list of baby stores from NY Magazine



nymag.com/urban/鈥ear.htm





I forgot about the crocheting. There%26#39;s a list of knitting stores on this page (scroll down to New York City) that will also have crochet stuff.



http://www.woolworks.org/stores/ny.html





As to the city pass, I%26#39;m not a fan. Which one do you mean?




Hi will look at other websites in a mo. re citypass not to sure we are flying with Virgin and they are trying to say to buy the citypass which includes disounts etc before we go but I as it is only 11days til we arive I am loathe to get anything else in case I forget it!!! head spinning with packing and last minute things etc!!





The girls still have no idea where we are going cannot wait to see their faces when they find out may even take a picture or two!!





Well best go and check out the websites and start printing off all the information and advice I have received from this site it is so greatly appreciated.





Many thanks once again everyone and when I return I will leave a very long report no doubt!!

No comments:

Post a Comment