Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Will I regret separate show seating & Central Park question

DH and I will be in NYC in the Fall for one night. We were there last year and saw the major attractions so won%26#39;t be repeating them. Well, maybe ToTR after the show. Anyway, Jersey Boys is the show I want to see. Telecharge only had a few singles left at face value so I got two, not too far apart. Will I be sorry? I%26#39;m not comfortable paying the exhorbitant prices that others are selling tickets for. Convince me I won%26#39;t miss DH sitting right by me during this show! Also, earlier in the day we%26#39;d like to explore Central Park a little more in depth since we didn%26#39;t have the time to do this last year. Is a carriage ride the way to do this or are we better off walking? Any suggestions on route, map, etc...are greatly appreciated.

Will I regret separate show seating %26amp; Central Park question

You won%26#39;t miss your husband during the show. You%26#39;ll have time before and during intermission to chat it up with him. Good move on your part since the show is great. In my opinion a carrige ride is a rip off.

Will I regret separate show seating %26amp; Central Park question

I agree, you%26#39;ll be fine sitting separately. If you wave at each other (not during the show, of course!) some kind soul sitting alone might take pity and change seats.

It%26#39;s so wonderful to explore Central Park in the fall. Do it by foot, you%26#39;ll get to see so much more. If it%26#39;s not on the weekend, I highly recommend lunch at the Boathouse Restaurants. It gets much too crowded on weekends though.


It%26#39;s 2 1/2 hours or so. It won%26#39;t be like you will be talking to him during the show anyway, I wouldn%26#39;t worry about it.


See if there%26#39;s a free walking tour of the park you can take.

centralparknyc.org/activities/walkingtours


We had the same dilemma as you. Could have got cheaper tickets for our show if we sat apart, we opted to pay way too much so we could sit together, and the show (Wicked) was so enthralling we didn%26#39;t even remember we were sitting next to each other.

The carriage ride you can skip. We did it, and the whole time we couldn%26#39;t hear a word the driver was saying. We were concentrating so hard to hear her that it sort of spoiled the whole thing.

WAAAaaaaaa .....I want to go back....any chance I could fit in your luggage? (hee hee)


My wife and I see separate movies and then go to dinner afterwards!

I agree someone will probably move and if not its not a big deal at all.

I also agree that you should look at a walking tour of Central Park. I did it in the fall and it was great.


If you are in the same row you will, most likely, get the beople inbetween to move. If different rows, not so much. But don%26#39;t worry, just meet at intermission and enjoy the show


We%26#39;re not in the same row or section but are in the mezz, one left and one center so probably no chance of anyone switching but I am so excited to have tickets. Haven%26#39;t told DH yet...at face value they%26#39;re still alot of $. I do feel better about my choice though...thank you. Also, thanks for the park tips. We will do a walking tour since we%26#39;ll have most of the afternoon to do so.


Goodness no, you won%26#39;t regret separate seating.....

Jersey Boys is an absolutely wonderful show and you%26#39;re lucky to have tickets to it.

Enjoy!

  • appreciate your dog
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment