Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Taking my duaghter to Skidmore, restaurants?

Yup, taking my daughter to college. We enjoy nice restaurants. I grew up in the industry, my father had a small restaurant when I was growing up. If you have been to any which you enjoy in Saratoga Spring, I%26#39;d love to hear your comments.



Taking my duaghter to Skidmore, restaurants?


Oh god where to start! Saratoga is a very irish pub kind of town with most amazing food everywhere you look. Start with clicking on the Saratoga overview page for inside pages I wrote on places to eat, I wrote a decent page on a few of my local favs. My fav part part of going to Saratoga is the main strip of Broadway, at each side street is a large sign listing what%26#39;s on that side street. Most of the restaurants have the menu in the window, and specials listed on those signs. Wheatfields is the best for italian, you can actually watch them make their own pasta! Right on Broadway. Gaffney%26#39;s is great fun and food, usually a band on weekends for entertainment. We are huge on featuring local talent here in our eateries so walk and listen, you may find what you want by sound and or smell. Broadway is only about 4 blocks, the main part you won%26#39;t miss it, so park and walk and see what pulls you in. In the 30 years I%26#39;ve lived here, well just north but within 10 mins of Saratoga, I have yet to find a restaurant in Saratoga that I can complain about, other than Denny%26#39;s having cold bread at 3am lol. Hope this helps, let me know if you need more info.



Taking my duaghter to Skidmore, restaurants?


I would recommend The grey gelding great small bar and excellent food. For Italian Chianti a bit pricey but good. Don%26#39;t let them rush you!!!! One Caroline if you like Cajun/Creole.. Little India is excellent. Sperry%26#39;s has something for everyone. about 20 minutes out of Saratoga in Greenwich is 111




The best resturant by far was the Grey Gelding. The food was spectacular!!!!!




There really are a lot of very good places here. Not sure when you are coming but racing season runs July 25-Sept 4 or so and places get busy esp on weekends.





Some places a little off beaten path are known to be very good. The Wishing Well and Chez Pierre are both about 15 mins north of town on Route 9P I believe. Wishing Well in particular is very popular with celebrating horsemen. I%26#39;ve never been there but I have been to Chez Pierre and really enjoyed it- Country French. I can also validate Chianti comment. Olde Bryan Inn v. popular pub fare/steaks. It runs the gamut here and you can find almost anything you want- even the pizza place on I believe Phila St. is good, and Baileys a good place for a lighter fare/sandwich and place to hang out for coffee.





Enjoy! Hard not to in this town.

No comments:

Post a Comment