Monday, April 16, 2012

Celebrating my 40th in New York

Hi there,





We are planning the trip of a lifetime to USA for my 40th. Yay!





We%26#39;ll be in New York on the actual day.





Can anyone suggest ';special'; things to do on my birthday that the whole family will enjoy (9 %26amp; 11 yr old daughters).





I have mentioned that I%26#39;d like to get hair blown out (styled).





Where can we have a lovely (not too expensive) dinner?





Celebrating my 40th in New York


SB,





it would be helpful if you could state what some of your likes/preferences are. There%26#39;s so much to do and see in NY, so help us help you by listing a few thoughts/ideas. Also, when is the actual date? What is your budget for dinner?



Celebrating my 40th in New York


Hi, I had an early 40th trip to NY 18 months ago. BRILLIANT!!! We are going back soon!! (we are from Newcastle up the road from you!!!) My big suggestion for you is to use a Big Apple Greeter tour. They too would be able to suggest special things for you. They are ideal because it is just for your family. My sons were 10 and 12 and have begged us to take them back. We did a bit of a chocolate tour of the US!! From Ghirradelli in San Fran, to M%26amp;Ms in Las Vegas, to Hershey in NY. Now my boys have learned all of these things available in NY!! A highlight for us was a baseball game in Los Angels, but we were a little dissapointed with the Ice hockey game in Anaheim. We saw Lion King on Broadway that would be fantastic as a 4oth treat!! Boys werent impressed with Macys!!! Too big, but I loved it!!! Be careful of the region codes on PSP movies and DVDs. We had a little trouble.



You all will have a BALL!!!



PS I am a hairdresser %26amp; I cant seem to remember seeing loads of hair salons like we see here!! Though we saw a few.




Hi, We have just got back from our once in a life trip to the States for my 40th birthday, and have to go to work today and i am a bit depressed to say the least.



As for what to do in NYC that is special, New York is speical so anything you so will be great. We walked all day everyday that we were there, we also were lucky enough to have a BAG. And we saw Mamma mia, something approriate for my girls. Also Central Park is a must so is TOTR, the list is long.



As for dinner, depends where your staying.



We had a wonderful time, and so will you. Happy Birthday



mrsdj




Ooooo - I%26#39;m getting more and more excited.





Maybe I didn%26#39;t word it properly - We%26#39;ll be in NY for 4 days before my big day.





I wanted ideas for what to do on the actual day.





One thing I wanted to do was go up the Empire State Building on the day.





To answer one question asked - we%26#39;ll be there Jan/Feb.





Maybe a show might be the go.............




If you want to escape the lines go to the ESB at night we walked straight up with no lines at all. Drove past during the day and i would not want to waste any time in NYC waiting in that line



mrs dj




Well have booked tickets to see WICKED on the actual night!!





Yay!!!!





Still trying to work out everything else as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment