Monday, April 16, 2012

Sofitel or Hotel Giraffe?

Last minute NYC trip this weekend w/ hubby. Sofitel and Hotel Giraffe are both available. I have stayed at Giraffe 2 times before and I love it there. It has a little bit more of a neighborhood feeling although a little far from central attractions..

I have also heard wonderful things about the Sofitel but have never stayed there.

Any comments or suggestions?

Sofitel or Hotel Giraffe?

I think you answered your own Question. I think you should go for a new experience since you have been to the Giraffe. I would give Sofitel a shot. The location is great.

Sofitel or Hotel Giraffe?

Yes. Your sum total of human experience would probably not advance markedly if you decided to plump for the giraffe once again. So as Moo quite correctly opines, go for the Sofitel.

Is it true that giraffes have exceptionally high blood pressure on account of the fact that their blood has to be pumped upwards to such a height ? Reason I ask is because, apparently, many of the people staying at the Giraffe suffer from hypertension. Serendipity.


What???


Just stick to the first paragraph Lovetotravel and ignore the second, which is inspired solely by devilment and not the need to inform.


Just booked the Sofitel - thanks!


Enjoy! let us know how things worked out!


Insightful, so what%26#39;s the common ailment at the Casablanca?


You made the right choice. The Sofitel is a much better hotel, although in my opinion, a less desireable neighborhood!

The Sofitel Chicago is my favorite chain hotel in the country, but its in a much better neighborhood.


Are they the same price? No other options? I think you will miss the neighborhood feel of the Giraffe unless you%26#39;re planning to go to the theater, in which case the Sofitel is ideal. If not, I%26#39;d look for another hotel in more of a neighborhood.

There are some good prices for this weekend. On quikbook outside of midtown I like

60 Thompson in Soho for $259 or $279

Affinia Gardens (edge of midtown and upper east side near Bloomingdales) for $279

Tribeca Grand for $281-291

Soho Grand $291

Some midtown hotels that I think would be fun

Bryant Park

NY Palace $295

Chambers $295


NYWhiz articulates what I was thinking...

I%26#39;d do either Grand, Bryant Park or Chambers over the Sofitel any day... even with that amazing Sofitel bed. There is something to be said for not having to force yourself out of the most comfortable bed in the world on vacation. When I%26#39;m at the Chicago Sofitel, its business and I have no choice!

  • identifying rows
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment