Monday, April 16, 2012

Tell me about walking this area:

Hey all,





Went to Hopstop.com (Love that site!) and got directions on going from 278 Spring St (the fire museum) and walking to 417 W. 17th (just housing here now but this is where my grandfather lived many years ago and my mom just wants to see the block!)



So since I have my mom with me, I wanted to make sure the area we%26#39;ll be walking in is not a really bad area.......I%26#39;m thinking it%26#39;s not but you all that know the area can assure me. This is what hopstop is giving me:





West on Spring st.



Right on Hudson



Left on Bank St



Right onto Greenwish St



Right onto 9th Ave



Left onto W 17th





Sorry for this being long.....Thanks!!





Next week can%26#39;t get here soon enough!



Tell me about walking this area:


I can%26#39;t help you about the area because I am not familiar with it. I just wanted to agree that hopstop is great!! Have a GREAT trip!



Tell me about walking this area:


It is not remotely a bad area. You will be walking through residential sections of SoHo and the Village, and will skirt the edge of the Meat Packing district. You will also go right by Chelsea Market.




excellent! Thank you! Now if you can just arrange for great weather late next week, I%26#39;d really appreciate it! ;)




Vegastvl - there%26#39;s really no unsafe place to walk around in NYC - just use your common sense. Where you%26#39;re planning on walking is great, the village will be full of people!




No problem at all ... highly gentrified areas on the whole and very safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment