Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Beast Speedboat Tour / 5 year old

I%26#39;ve been to NYC several times...with my wife and my teenager...but this is the first time we%26#39;re coming with our 5 year old.

I have family in the city, so getting an insiders take on things is pretty easy, but they don%26#39;t have kids, so I%26#39;m throwing this question out there for people to kick around.

The Beast, 30 minute high speed tour. OK for a 5 year old, or no? He meets the height restrictions, he meets the age restriction, but I don%26#39;t want to scare the kid to death if this is really a tour for older kids / adults. Just curious if anyone has any opionions.

Thanks.

The Beast Speedboat Tour / 5 year old

Yes I took my 5 year old on it. Just don%26#39;t sit at the back because we got soaked; the front is best for staying dry. It was a good laugh though.

The only thing is that if you don%26#39;t get wet the crew might burst a water balloon on your head.

A few ideas do with a five year old that you are probably aware of:

1. Bronx zoo;

2. Central Park;

3. Mary Poppins at the New Amsterdam Theatre;

4. Lion King at the Minskoff Theatre;

5. Helicopter flight over Manhattan;

6. Day out at Coney Island (beach, NY Aquarium and amusements)- bring a bucket and spade;

7. Visit to FAO Schwartz;

8. Children%26#39;s museum on Staten Island.

There are also lots of children%26#39;s play areas in the most unlikely places. For example, there is one on 43rd st between 8th and 9th (I think)

Also if you pop into a fire house they might let your little on go in the back of the truck. I just happened to be walking past the Rescue One fire house and the lads gave the kids a small tour. On that note, if you want any FDNY T-shirts, etc buy them from the fire houses as they go to the bereaved families and are not for profit.

  • makeup help
  • african american hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment