Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Yankee Stadium

Will be in NYC for September %26amp; Yankees taking on Baltimore. Looking for advice on getting to the stadium %26amp; where to sit. Are the Bleachers an option or should I be looking for better seats.





Not a great Baseball fan but just thought it would be a good thing to take in.



Yankee Stadium


This will be some help:





tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k1316859鈥?/a>



Yankee Stadium


Bleachers aren%26#39;t the best, I would want to sit closer.





To get there, take the subway, either the 4 or D line. Drops you off right at the stadium, very easy.





http://www.mta.info/nyct/maps/submap.htm




If you will be in New Jersey you can take the Yankee Clipper from Belford, in Monmouth County. It takes you right to the Stadium.





Bleacher ticket holders canot go anywhere in the Stadium other than the bleachers. There is no beer available in the bleachers.




Great advice, Souns like a must for me this trip. Looks like a bit of a top of the table clash so think I%26#39;ll order tickets online. Is it best to get them off the Yankee%26#39;s site?





What times does the Night Game finish ? Concern that I have to return back to Times Square.





Also got to keep out of the Bleachers if there is no beer!!!!








Rodcar---I always get my tickets from the Yankees site direct and then pick them up from the Stadium just before the game. As for getting back to Manhattan after a night game, no need to worry. There%26#39;ll be plenty of subway trains to take the fans back. One night game I went to didn%26#39;t finish till nearly 1am and they had trains lined up at the station ready and waiting. Nothing like North East England I can tell you!




Games typically run a little over two hours. A game can run longer if it is delayed by rain or tied after regulation (9 innings).





I prefer upper deck seats. Try to get behind home plate or along the first base side.





Congratulations for calling it a ';game,'; not a ';match.';





Have you ever been to a baseball game? Most Brits I know become instant fans once they%26#39;ve seen a game in person.





If you have questions about baseball itself, the folks on the forum and I will be glad to assist.




Daisy ,





thanks, %26amp; nice to see you are still sharing youe wealth of knowledge about NYC.





You must be the only New York Expert in Sunderland..



Keep up the great work





Cant wait for September...




Allenz,





The closest I%26#39;ve been to baseball was watching Kevin Costner in ';Fields of Dreams';. ';Build it %26amp; they will come';.





My Son is a big fan %26amp; he watches it on TV.





I enjoy most sports %26amp; I want to see a real live game as with any sport the occasion %26amp; atmosphere can not be matched.





Thanks for the advice




Rod, I hope it%26#39;s a better game than when I saw them play the Orioles. It was a shocker :-(




If you liked Costner in ';Field of Dreams,'; check him out in ';Bull Durham.'; It%26#39;s my favorite baseball movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment