Friday, March 30, 2012

Rental car to Canada?

My wife and I plan to rent a car in Buffalo and drive to Niagara Falls. Any thoughts on auto insurance on a rental car going across the border? Thank you.

Rental car to Canada?

My car insurance covers me for rentals, even in the U.S. Check to see if yours does the same in Canada.

Rental car to Canada?

Thank You. I have my auto insurance with AAA. They are sending me a certificate to use in Canada but the local official in Colorado wasnt sure how the Canadian custom officials would react if the certificate is for my own auto rather than a rental - a different vehicle. My AAA insurance does cover rental cars in general. I guess I will just ask when in New York.


My policy has a specific clause that covers rentals. I usually take a copy of my policy with me because the rental companies want proof that you are covered. It might be worth contacting the rental companies ahead of time to make sure that you have what they want, and avoid surprises at the airport.

  • best web host
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment