Friday, March 30, 2012

favorite walking tours and restaurant week recommendations

well?



favorite walking tours and restaurant week recommendations


While in NY in June I went on the Foods of NY walking tour of Greenwich Village, it was great. Our guide was very knowledgeable and we had many treats along the way. It takes about 3 hours.



favorite walking tours and restaurant week recommendations


I second the Foods of New York tour. We also really enjoyed the Tribute Center%26#39;s walking tour of the World Trade Center site.




I did two walking tours last week while I was in New York. The first one is the better known of the two, it is the big onion tours. They are really interesting because it is PHD students who are tour guides and they usually know their stuff. I did the Greenwich village tour and Mark the tour guide was incredible. To make 30 people listen to you on the crowded and noisy sidewalks of NY is an incredible feat!





The second one I did, and the one I liked better, is the rock and roll walking tour of the east village (go to www.rockjunket.com). It is 2 hours through the east village and he talks about the rock scene in NY in the 60%26#39;s and 70%26#39;s mostly, meaning the Ramones/Iggy pop/the first apartment where Madonna lived and many other things. I loved it! The tour guide, Bobby Pinn, used to work in the music industry and knows his stuff. Since it was a weekday, we were only 7 people and we even went to get a beer with Bobby afterwards!





I recommand that you do the walking tours on the weekdays when there are less tourists, if you can of course, and keep away from weekends.


  • make up artist
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment