Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Need help choosing between these hotels

Ok, so I am back and have narrowed it down to these three properties based on ratings and availability the week we want to go. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on which is preferable since I have only been up there once and it was many years ago.





Holiday Inn on Rt. 9 is the most expensive of the places I checked for the type of room we need. They charge more if you want the flexiblity to cancel which I am not thrilled about but with young kids I want that option. I think it may be a little far to walk to the village but seems to have a lot of amenities on site for the kids including indoor/outdoor pool, mini golf etc.





Quality Inn on Canada is a little less expensive and is in the village. Room seems comparible to Holiday Inn but the property is smaller. I think they may only have an outdoor pool which is fine if we have good weather.





Comfort Suites on Rt. 9 is the cheapest and all suites. It is about a mile from the village and has an indoor pool only but I like that it is brand new and has free breakfast.





Since we are booking this pretty last minute a lot of the more popular local places are already booked and the no cancellation policies at some of the others make me nervous. Thank you!









Need help choosing between these hotels


I don%26#39;t think you can lose with any of the above choices. Holiday Inn has an exceptional reputation. The last time I drove by they were building brand new rooms. Quality Inn is relatively new...I haven%26#39;t stayed there or heard much. Comfort Suites like you said is brand new, and you can%26#39;t beat that. One glaring drawback that I%26#39;ve experienced in that part of the area is it%26#39;s next to the outlets and rt. 149 which is a main route to Vt. It can get slammed with traffic, with people trying the get to/from the Great Escape, or when it%26#39;s raining and people are trying to get to the outlets.



Need help choosing between these hotels


Thank you! I was just about to book Comfort Suites when I read the most recent review here. It scared me a little and then I looked back at some of the older reviews. Many were very positive but were at least three that makes me wonder if the owners and management there have some issues. Some of the incidents in the reviews are so strange I am really not sure what to make of it. I think we may go with Holiday Inn or Quality Inn.





I also just noticed the Park Lane Motel, which looks cute. It was recently renovated and is on the lake. Do you know anything about it?




I would take reviews with a grain of salt. With Comfort Suites, it seems (to me) to be mostly personality related. I don%26#39;t see much (in the way of complaints) in problems with the structure itself. Then again, it is a brand new 10 million dollar hotel and maybe the people there take the place to heart, which is a plus (within reason). I haven%26#39;t had a chance to stay there, so I%26#39;m only speculating.





Park Lane is located practically downtown. You can%26#39;t beat it for the location. While I%26#39;ve never stayed there, one caveat with the older motels (renovated or not) is room size. I%26#39;ve hopped through a few motels on that strip in my time and some of the rooms are soo small, it%26#39;s almost comical.




I%26#39;ve been to the Holiday Inn and Comfort Suites. Both are good quality hotels. The Holiday Inn has both an outdoor and indoor (heated) pool. The Comfort Suites has a nicer heated indoor pool/slide, but no outdoor pool. The Comfort Suites%26#39; rooms are larger and nicer. Comfort Suites is probably less expensive and would be my choice. They offer a good breakfast, friendly service and clean rooms. Again, Comfort Suites is just a personal preference over a good Holiday Inn. Forget the bad reviews on the Comfort Suites - cheap shots by less than honest people against a hotel which will outclass most hotels in the area and favorably compete with the best...




Thank you both. I just booked Comfort Suites after my husband said it looked like the nicest of my choices hands down. It was also the best value even though it is new. With young children the comfort of the room does matter because we will be heading back to the room relatively early each night. No balcony was a small sacrifice but we decided we can live without the outdoor pool. While the recent odd/negative reviews were a little concerning, I agree some did sound a little personal and two appear to have been made by the same person.





I haven%26#39;t been to the LG area in 10 years but we remembered how family oriented it was when we were there so we are hoping it will be fun for the kids. I promise to post my review when we get back.








If you have cooler weather or rain you will wish you stayed at Holiday Inn. They have a indoor pool, game room, and a rest.



Quality Inn is very nice but outdoor corridoors. Great location and a free breakfast too. Comfort Inn is about 3 miles away from the village. Hope this helps. The pool is supose to be awesome at the Comfort Inn. The hotel dosen%26#39;t have the best reviews but sometimes the guest are the problem. If someone needs to tell you to sit down to pee what kind of mess is that person leaving? Bizzare I thought. Hope this helps




Appreciate the input Josie. As it turns out the Holiday Inn did not have the type room we wanted in non-smoking anyway and to upgrade to a suite would have cost us $100 a night more, something we were not sure was worth it.





Yes, some of the reviews for Comfort Suites are so bizarre that I had to wonder a little about some of them. It sounds like they may need to train some of the staff a little better on customer relations, but there were also some very nice reviews so we are hoping for the best. The hotel itself looks nice and clean which is key for us and the indoor pool are looks great.





I realize it is a few miles from town, but do you know if the trolley system has a stop near the hotel?




I%26#39;ve stayed at the Comfort Suites twice now; once in May (the second day they were open) and again in the beginning of this month. Only drawbacks...no outdoor pool and not within walking distance to village. The kids will love the indoor pool with the slide, younger ones will enjoy the kiddy wading pool with spray and adults will love the hot tub. The hotel is impeccably clean, staff friendly and breakfast is great considering there%26#39;s no additional charge for it. Just get there early as it tends to fill up fast. Beds are super comfortable, nice plasma TV. There%26#39;s also a small exercise room and gameroom with a pool table ($1.00), air hockey and a few other games. All in all, it%26#39;s a really nice place and I will be back. As to the reviews that said the staff was weird...I%26#39;ve been there twice and I haven%26#39;t seen it!

No comments:

Post a Comment