Friday, March 30, 2012

Cheap hotels in NY

This is a re-post. I posted this last week and decided on Leo House, but I phoned up and they are booked out. I%26#39;m really stuck on what to do, I don%26#39;t want to spend much on a hotel, but I don%26#39;t want to stay in a seedy hostel and have my luggage stolen.





Hi,



I%26#39;m fliying in to JFK airport from Perth, Western Australia on a Monday evening in August. From there I have to get to State College, PA and am planning to take the Greyhound bus there either at 6am or 10am on the Tuesday morning.



Any advice on where I should stay? I%26#39;m a poor student, so I%26#39;d like to do it on the cheap, but I will also want a decent place to stay in my condition (mortally jetlagged), and won%26#39;t want to have to deal with anything unpleasant.



Ideally a cheap place, within walking distance (with a lot of luggage) from the Port Authority Station.



Thanks for your help.



Renan.



Cheap hotels in NY


Big Apple Hostel is not far from Port Authority and gets decent reviews. They have some private rooms for ~ $120/night.



http://www.bigapplehostel.com/index.html





The Herald Square Hotel has a small single room with shared bath for $89-99. It%26#39;s not quite as close to Port Authority, but not that far and an easy subway ride as it%26#39;s right near Penn Station.



heraldsquarehotel.com





You won%26#39;t find a private room (which is what I think you%26#39;ll need rather than a dorm where you won%26#39;t be able to sleep when you want) for much less than those prices even if you don%26#39;t stay in Manhattan. You could find a nicer room at around that price, but it won%26#39;t be as close to Port Authority.



Cheap hotels in NY


I would stay in the pod hotel and find your way to port authority in the morning.I suggested to you some hotels in the area. I guess they were too much $$. you want something decent you will have to pay a little more.The pod is reasonable and decent.

No comments:

Post a Comment