Friday, March 30, 2012

Inexpensive place to stay in Brooklyn

We are hoping to come to New York from August 19-28. We were booked at the Leo House in July but our plans changed and now we have to travel during these dates and there is no room at the Leo House in NYC. This was a great find from here at only $100 a night! Now I have to find something else and any help would be greatly appreciated. We are going to stay in Brooklyn a couple of nights as we can still use the subway and stuff from there too I guess.



Inexpensive place to stay in Brooklyn


You may want to look to the east of west of Brooklyn and still be reasonably close to Brooklyn. Lodging in Long Island or New Jersey would give you inexpensive, easy assess to NYC and Brooklyn. There are far more lodging chioces in Jersey.



For New Jersey, you may want to use;





www.njtransit.com/sf_tr_schedules.shtml#





then click on the map on the right of that page as a guide to where train stations are located in New Jersey. Then search your hotel location accordingly. It will take additional planning on your part to accomplish this, but should get you a better stay.



Inexpensive place to stay in Brooklyn


There is a YMCA on 99 Meserole Street in Greenpoint which is a short 10 minute bus ride away or two stops on the G train and then transfer over to the L train at Lorimer Street station. The hostel is located right across the street from a 94th PolicePprecinct so you%26#39;ll be as safe as a bug in a rug. Greenpoint is kind of like an outgrowth of Williamsburg and it has a similar vibe ..... though the neigborhood is also predominately Polish. A lot of people get off the L train at Bedford and then take the #61 bus a short distance to Greenpoint.




Hi Lotuspath:





I sent you a personal email thanking you for your sage advice on staying at the YMCA on Meserole Street in Greenpoint.





That advice was right on time as we are currently in between lofts and the new one isn%26#39;t ready for us to move in yet (and also we could use some more time to get the extra deposit the LL wants together!)





Staying at any hotel that was even $100 a night was totally out of the question as it wouldn%26#39;t have allowed us to save enough to move in a couple of weeks.





Your option gave us our dignity cause we don%26#39;t have to ask friends to put us up and we also get a lot better amenities at the Y - plus as a single woman I feel safe coming home on the L train after work.





As I told you in the email, I got an angel chain letter from a coworker yesterday advising that if i sent it along immediately, I%26#39;d hear good news by 9:12am today --- I read your posting at 10:12am...now that%26#39;s what I call a miracle!





Thank for being God%26#39;s tool to help me today...I really appreciate it and the folks at TA should definitely think about making you the sage advisor on all that is Williamsburg! :)





ka




Hope that all works out for you. Please write us back and let us know how it went. And ..... as I said in my email message to you ..... don%26#39;t give in to the temptation to start singing that old Village People song ..... how does it go again .....





Young man, there%26#39;s no need to feel down.



I said, young man, pick yourself off the ground.



I said, young man, %26#39;cause you%26#39;re in a new town



There%26#39;s no need to be unhappy.





Young man, there%26#39;s a place you can go.



I said, young man, when you%26#39;re short on your dough.



You can stay there, and I%26#39;m sure you will find



Many ways to have a good time.





It%26#39;s fun to stay at the y-m-c-a.



It%26#39;s fun to stay at the y-m-c-a.





They have everything for you men to enjoy,



You can hang out with all the boys ...





It%26#39;s fun to stay at the y-m-c-a.



It%26#39;s fun to stay at the y-m-c-a.





You can get yourself clean, you can have a good meal,



You can do what about you feel ...





Young man, are you listening to me?



I said, young man, what do you want to be?



I said, young man, you can make real your dreams.



But you got to know this one thing!





No man does it all by himself.



I said, young man, put your pride on the shelf,



And just go there, to the y.m.c.a.



I%26#39;m sure they can help you today.





It%26#39;s fun to stay at the y-m-c-a.



It%26#39;s fun to stay at the y-m-c-a.




Ok, now I won%26#39;t be able to get that song outta my head all day! :)





BTW, when I tried to book by phone, the chick at the desk told me she had no availability until the end of the month...she wasn%26#39;t very nice about it either...





I called the WestSide YMCA and they were much nicer and had availability, (a little more $$$) but sometimes you do get what you pay for I guess...I woulda liked to stay in Greenpoint though...





Always good to know...knowledge is power.





take good care...and thanks again



ka

No comments:

Post a Comment