Friday, March 30, 2012

Apartments2Book question

Hi everyone,





For the same price which would you choose -- Jolly Hotel Madison Towers or the Murray Hill East Suites?





And my second question has to do with Apartments2book... does anyone know what they mean (see below) when they say ';plus NEW unit tax $1-50 per night per apartment? Could they mean $1.50? I would hate to have a hidden extra charge of $50 per night....





Plus occupancy tax



$5.50 per night - Studio



$7.50 per night - 1 Bedroom



$9.50 per night - 2 Bedroom



Plus NEW unit tax $1-50 per night per apartment



Apartments2Book question


To my knowledge Jolly Madison is a regular hotel with regular rooms (no kitchens or suites). Murray Hill East Suites is set up like an apartment building. Depends on who you are and how long you%26#39;re staying as to which to pick. For a couple for a short stay, Jolly Madison probably a bit nicer. For a family and/or longer stay, nice to have a bit more space and a kitchen.





Haven%26#39;t a clue about the new unit tax. Ask them!



Apartments2Book question


If you look on a keyboard, notice the ';-'; key is right next to the ';0'; key. so maybe, via a typo, 1-50 = 10.50




Thanks for your thoughts....I did email them and are awaiting their reply. After reading the reviews on tripadvisor for both places it seems like more people were satisfied with Murray Hill East Suites. So hopefully that $1-50 is a misprint.




Have just got off the phone to apartments2book. They confirm that the tax rate is definitely $1.50 per night per apartment. When I asked them about the tax itself they say it should also be known in NYC as a UNIT tax. Go figure!




MaidstoneNic...I did receive a response to my email too and they also stated that it is $1.50...I have put a reservation in for the Murray Hill east apartments as they have them a lot less expensive than any of the priceline, expedia etc. websites for the same dates. Hopefully they still have one available for the dates and times we need.




I%26#39;ve got my fingers crossed for you Rainey. (I nearly called you Doctor Rainey and then realised you must be from Maryland!).

No comments:

Post a Comment